Followers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wishing you a stress free holiday season

Is there actually such a thing???

When I saw this stamp set by My Favorite Things, I had to get it! It was the sentiment "Wishing you a stress free holiday season" that made me fall in love with it.
I think SO many people can relate to this. Last year I had all of my Christmas shopping done by Halloween, and I'm sad to say that I haven't even started this year!
YIKES! I've been dying to ink these babies up and when I saw Amy's sketch last week, I was totally inspired. I love non-traditional Christmas colors and when I saw these two papers by Anna Griffin last year, I stocked up.

I did some faux stitching with my paper piercer and a red marker, and used my Sakura glaze pens on the tree decorations and the martini glass. I paper pieced the pajamas and the large image gave me LOTS of time to practice with my Copics.
Gotta run....
Have a wonderful and STRESS-FREE Thanksgiving.
I'll be back on Friday with another recipe to fool your family.


5 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Great colors, great coloring and I will say "Cheers" to that awesome sentiment!!! I am totally feeling the stress of the holiday season - because along with all the holidays - there are also a ton of birthdays - and I mean a TON - so the shopping has been crazy... and since we are trying to minimize spending - alot of it has been making gifts - which I love - but making a TON is toooo tiring - esp after a long work day....
anyhooo - just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and to tell you that I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award on my blog - you truly are such a creative artiste! Sending you and your family many happy wishes for a wonderful stress free and wonderful holiday season!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Best wishes,
Sankari :)

Emily said...

I too heart this stamp, I don't think there is such a thing as stress free holiday, even if you didn't celebrate the holidays the crowded stores are enough to make you crazy!!!!However, shopping at 5am in Kansas at walmart was amazing, there were tons of nice people working and being very helpful....maybe they were getting off soon....:)

Kathy W said...

okay you are totally making me put copics on my xmas list- I love everything about this card, I like you have done absolutely no shopping yet... Tday is so late this year, so behind.
I wish you stress free season also!

AmyR said...

Definitely love the colors, and the buttons!! Thanks for playing along! :)

Kim said...

What a beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for sending me the link!