Followers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Plain ol' ink and stamps....

Today I wanted to do a card that didn't require any coloring. We all have our "go - to" tool or embellishments when it comes to paper crafting. My two favorite items are my Copic sketch markers and my paper piercing tool. For this card, I decided to not use either, which really took me out of my comfort zone. To challenge myself even a little bit more, I decided to use a stamp that I haven't touched in ages.

Here's what I came up with... What do you think??
The main image is by Inkadinkado and it's one of the first stamps I ever purchased. My mother-in-law is a seamstress so I picked it up to make a Mother's Day card for her many years ago. I stamped it out in Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock and then sponged Creamy Caramel around the edges.

I made the 5 x 7 base of the card from Baha Breeze and thought this plaid patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket matched it nicely.
The yellow ribbon is from the SU Sale-A-Bration catalog. I've never been a fan of yellow in the past, but this lighter shade is starting to grow on me a bit. To finish off my card, I added some buttons and a sentiment from SU's "Pattern of Friendship" set. The mini scissors are a brad. Aren't' they cute?! I picked up a bag of them from a scrapbook expo a couple of years ago specifically to use with "Pattern of Friendship".

I was pretty happy with my result from stepping out of my comfort zone. I may have to try it again sometime soon. It sure is quicker to whip out a card when you don't have to color!
Thanks for poppin' by today.

No comments: