Followers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Valentine project #1



So here's the card I came up with for my Valentine workshop. Is there anyone out there who doesn't just love the Crab & Company set from Stampin Up? I thought it would be a unique and unexpected set to use for a Valentine. I had two other attempts before this card, but they ended up in the trash. I'm pretty happy with my end result.

I used eggplant and pomegranate SU cardstock. Inks were SU versamark, rose red, eggplant and creamy caramel was used to sponge over the sentiment. I got the ribbon at JoAnn's for $1. And don't we all agree that everything is cuter with google eyes?

Now, I just need to come up with two more projects for my workshop. I'm still deciding how I want to embellish the Target mailbox and then I think the other project will be a nugget box. I've seen so many cute ones and figured that now is as good as any time to give it a try.

I've decided that for my workshop, I'm going to use totally different color combinations for each project (that's my attempt at thinking outside the box a little). I attended a stamp workshop back in December and we made five different projects, but they all used the SAME patterned paper. By the third project, I was ready to scream!

Oh, I've also added a picture of the birthday cake I made last night. It's a giant S'more and was a huge hit with my kiddos.

No comments: