Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We love you Mrs. VanLiew!



My son has the best teacher in the whole world! She is such a wonderful lady and has become a great friend to me as well. I have so much respect for her and for the enthusiasm that she brings into the class EVERY day. Frankly, I don't know how she does it all and can still have time to raise her own three kids, who are all amazing by the way.


I always try to give her something special on the holidays to make her feel appreciated and this Valentine's Day will be no different. Since I had one cute little mailbox left over from my workshop, I decided I could put a little something in it for her. I wanted to be a little more original than cookies or candy, and truth be told, I don't think teachers REALLY like to get that stuff all the time.


She and I did Weight Watchers together for several months last year and recently tried to start up again to loose those 10 pounds that just won't disappear! Oh, it's so frustrating and so hard to get motivated. And can you even imagine trying to do it with a room full of 20 kids who have snack time, birthday cupcakes and any other excuse for sugar?!


I thought it would be a cute idea to go through my Weight Watchers cookbooks and pull out the most decadent dessert recipes and make little recipe cards to fit in the mailbox. I typed them up on the computer because my handwriting is hideous and mounted them on thick cardstock that measured 3 1/4 x 4 3/4. I made a title card that says, "Sinful desserts......that are 5 points or less" and tied it all together with ribbon. I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow.

No comments: