Followers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Thanks, we had a blast!


I'm a big fan of Thank You cards. I feel that if someone takes the time to pick out a gift or do something thoughtful, the least I can do is pop a thank you card in the mail to let them know that it was appreciated. I can't sleep if I haven't sent someone a thank you note within a few days. I know, I know, it's a sickness. But hey, it could be worse right?!

I've taught my children the importance of Thank You notes as well. Sometimes they make the cards and sometimes they just fill in a card that I make. This time, I wanted to play with my rocket from SU "Pun Fun" set, so I made a few cards while the kids were sleeping and they were all ready to be filled out the next morning.

I thought the rocket would be perfect for a "kid" thank you card. I decided to go with an orange, blue and green color combo. I used bright orange textured cardstock for the base and some miscellaneous scraps that I had in my drawer. I colored the main image with my Copics, added some Stickles and a bright green eyelet in the middle of the rocket. And low and behold I was finally able to use that obnoxious ribbon I got in the $1 bin at Michael's!! See - I knew I bought for a reason!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bright colors of this card, and the eyelet on the rocket ship adds just the right touch! Nice job:)

Anonymous said...

My son LOVED receiving this card from your son. It has such great colors and cute use of embellishments!