Followers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Very busy birdie


I know, I know...this card is VERY busy. There's definitely alot going on, but I was so happy to be using up so many scraps and just didn't know when to stop! I just got my Pun Fun set in the mail and had to play with it right away! I did masking on the main image and then colored it in with my copics. Masking is one of my favorite techniques. It really helps your stamped images to look "grounded" instead of like they're floating on white paper. For those of you who may not know exactly how to do it, I took pictures as I was making the card. It's super easy!




First you stamp your main image on whatever piece of paper you'll be using. I used SU whisper white.

Next, you stamp the image again on a Post-It note and cut around it. I just cut off the chicks legs from the cut out image because they're solid and won't need to be colored in. It's very important that you use a Post-It note or some other paper with a low tack adhesive on the back. Also, the Post-It note paper is thinner than most paper and will make your next step come out much more even. Stick the cut out image right on top of your first stamped image.


Now stamp your next image. I used the "mega oval" from Memory Box with SU Green Galore ink.


Now peel off the Post-It note and Voila! Doesn't it look SO much better that just a chick on plain ol' white? This is also a great way to introduce a new color on your card.



Still with me? For the large scallop edge, I used my 1 inch circle punch and just stuck them onto the back of my double sided pattern paper.

A little bit of ribbon, some Stickles and clear microbeads on his belly and I'm all done!

No comments: