Followers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Class Project #2


Here is the second project that we'll be making at my class this Sunday. I was inspired by this card that I saw done by Michelle Zindorf.

Instead of a card, I decided to make mine into a gift bag. The main stamps are from the "Spring Solitude" bundle and the sentiment is from "Happy Everything". I used a small lunch bag and trimmed the top down to 5 1/4" so the bag was a perfect square. I used my 1 3/8" circle punch on a scrap of paper and added some Tombo multi adhesive to the back and let it dry so it would be repositionable. Normally I would just use a post it note, but my circle punch doesn't like that kind of paper these days.

I placed the circle scrap onto my Barely Banana cardstock where I wanted the "moon" to be. I used a brayer with So Saffron ink first to cover the entire paper. Then I sponged with Really Rust and Purely Pomegranate. I stamped the bird with So Saffron and popped him up on a branch. The handle is made out of 2 strips of Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon that were attached to the black cardstock before it was adhered to the bag. Easy Peasy!

5 comments:

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this project. Wow! it is sensational!
Michelle Zindorf

Hulda Pollock said...

I think this is very pretty. I'm staring to think that this is the best way to use this stamp set, I've been trying to use different colors but I'm never satisfied enough to actually make a card, so I think I'll do like you, use a brayer and only stamp the images in black!

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning - love this technique.

Staciestamps said...

This is a beautiful project