Followers

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm a sneaky little stamper...


My husband took a nap after watching the golf tournament today and it was just enough time for me to sneak up to my workshop and do Taylor's Cupcake Challenge! Yeah for me!


I really liked the sketch and it gave me an excuse to use up some of this SU pattern paper that seems to be multiplying. It was in an old simply scrappin' set called "Creative License" but it matches perfectly with the "Jersey Shore" line.


Do you remember the old stamp set called "Oh So Sweet"? That was definitely a must have for me and I was happy to be able to use it today. I'm really hoping that there are some new cupcake or chocolate images in the new catalog in July. Keep your fingers crossed!


For this card, I used my Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Not Quite Navy and Bordering Blue SU markers to ink up the cupcake images. I stamped each image twice so I could pop up the paper cups on dimensionals. The sentiment is by Savvystamps, but I thought it went perfectly with this set. To finish it off, I added some Stickles and some organdy ribbon through a hole I made with the slot punch. I know these are not the "typical" colors for a chocolate card, but I think it turned out okay.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

What an adorable card! Love the papers, ribbon, and cupcakes you used! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that sentiment! Great card.

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

Deanna said...

Super cute card!

Carrie Gaskin said...

That is one of my favourite sayings. Great card!