Followers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My first "shaped" card


This is the card that my husband and I will be giving our daughter tomorrow for her 5th birthday.
She's never been a shorts and t-shirt kind of kid - she wears dresses EVERYDAY. Not casual summer dresses. I'm talking about what you would wear for a holiday family portrait or a very special occasion. We must get asked about three times a day, "O boy, don't you look pretty, are you getting your picture taken today?" Thank goodness for Costco! They have the most beautiful dresses during the holiday seasons and at $18 a pop, I can stock up for the entire year!


Well obviously I had to make a very girly card for her. I've seen so many shaped cards and thought I'd give one a try. My first attempt went into the trash, but my second one actually looked like a dress. I finally had the perfect card to use my yummy pink crimped ribbon that I bought from SU last year. I also used some scraps of black organdy and black velvet ribbon that looked nice with the pink and white. I added some "bling" on the top to keep it clean and simple and some ribbon roses that I picked up at a fabric store last month. For the bottom of the "dress" I took the guard off of my SU corner rounder punch and created a scallop border. I love this technique because I've never been able to cut a straight line!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job - really cute! I am always eyeing those adorable dresses at Costco with longing (I have an 8-month-old boy) :)

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com