Followers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"It's A Good Thing"

The uber-fabulous Kristina has posted another great color challenge! This one came from the Martha Stewart website. We had to use Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise. I had to make a birthday card for a friends son who is turning five this weekend and these colors were perfect!
Okay...PERHAPS I got a little carried away with this card, but I was having so much fun with it that I didn't want to stop. This card also helped me to step out of my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 comfort zone. Other than a couple of 5 x 7's, I've never made any other size card. *gasp!* This card measures 4 x 8 1/2 and gave me lots of room to play with.
After I got the train colored in with my copics I decided to cut out each image. I used a piece of Old Olive cardstock and ran it through my Sizzix machine with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug to make a grassy hill. The train looked like it was floating, so off to my scrap drawer I went to get some Chocolate Chip cardstock to make a track.
I grabbed the mini background, raccoon and balloon images from "Hip Hip Hooray" and added them. I did some paper piecing on the little guys shirt and added a #5 cork sticker from my collection.
Kind of hard to tell from the pics, but I used my Sakura glaze pens on the balloons, tiger and miscellaneous parts of the train to give it a little shine.

Here's a close up of the Sakura gel pen effect on the tiger



These are the specific Copics I used to color the train images.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! Not overdone at all! It's beautiful.

Sam said...

Hi MacKenzie,

This card is FANTASTIC! Such awesome attention to detail, and such a fun theme.

Thanks for the smile.
Sam.

Erin said...

Wow! This is by far my favorite card of the day. So many little details. It could be in a catalog in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Wow. Great job! TFS, Amy.

Amy said...

How adorable!

Traveling Mama said...

Very fun! Love the embossing under the train. It gives it a nice affect.

Jenn in GA said...

this is UBER fabulous! what a great keepsake card for some lucky kid!

Erika M. said...

The card is absolutely, positively wonderful just the way it is.

Cate said...

So gorgeous!