Followers

Monday, May 26, 2008

Sorry honey, but I'm in love with Billy...

I just got my new "Billy" and "Lily" stamp sets in the mail from Pink Cat Studio! I'm a happy little stamper!
First of all, I'd like to tell you what a great company Pink Cat Studio is. They are located in Canada and I'm in California and it only took 5 days from when I placed my order online until my adorable stamps were in my mailbox! *happy dance* Plus, they kept me updated via e-mail on the status of my order / shipping / etc.
Oh, and for an additional $1, they will customize the packaging to YOUR child's name in the place of Billy & Lily. My kids were squealing when I let them see Mommy's new stamps with their names on it.
The first image that I inked up was the little super hero. Does anyone with a son, not own a pair of Superman pajamas with a cape attached to the back?! I think that every little boy has owned a pair of these at some point. For my first official "Super-Billy" card, I decided to shape the card like a cape. I didn't think a standard rectangle card would do this cute little image justice.
I used my Creative Memories wave cutter to create the card shape. Next, I used my Scor-Pal to create a fold line 1/2" from the top of the card. Then I used my Crop-A-Dile to add a couple of eyelets so I could tie my twine at the top.
I colored in the image with my Copic markers and went over the mask and outfit with my Sakura glaze pens - love those things! Here's a close up of the glaze pen effect.
I used my Giga and Mega Marvy punches for the scalloped circles and a 1" circle punch for the sentiment on the sides of the cape. The large red circle and the munchkin are popped up on dimensionals. To finish it off, I did some paper piercing around the edges.
These are the specific Copics that I used to color the main image.

SU Cardstock used: Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Summer Sun, Whisper White

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a FAB card!! The colours rock and I love what you did with the sentiment! You did a great job colouring the stamp!!