Followers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Better late than never right?

Every week on Splitcoast, a sketch challenge is posted. I probably play along all the time right? Not!
I can always tell when it's "sketch challenge day" over there, because the gallery is just full of cards with the same layout. It's always so neat to see how many ways a sketch can be interpreted.
Last week while I was perusing the latest entries, I was feeling a little left out. I had about 15 minutes to hang out in my workshop before anyone would miss me, so I decided to play along for my first time. Yay!
You can click here to see the sketch I followed.
Do you remember the old SU set called "Fire Brigade"? I never bought it, but found one of the images on E-bay for like $3. I figured it would be perfect to keep on hand to make cards for my Uncle who was a firefighter - and yes girls....he's handsome. Why are all firefighters so cute? Must be something about that uniform.....
Okay, got a little distracted there. Back to the card. To create the firefighter shadows, I just stamped the images and colored them in with a black Copic. Then I used a brayer to make the background. I stamped the main image separately, colored with Copics and accented with my yellow and red Sakura glaze pens. Then I cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals in front of the shadows.
The flames are just pieces that I cut out from a scrap of Harley-Davidson paper that I've had in my scrap bin forever. See....I KNEW I was saving it for SOMETHING!

Here's a close up at an angle so you can see how glittery the card is. I'm always up for a good sketch challenge and look forward to playing again soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

CARD RECIPE:

Cardstock: Rose Red, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, So Saffron, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie

4 comments:

Darlene said...

This is AMAZING!!! Fantastic job! Love how you "popped" the main fireman out away from the flames! FANTASTIC card! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

This turned out wonderful!! Love those flames! Great job with the sketch!! ;)

Anonymous said...

How many minutes did you say you spent on this card? Really nice job.

Unknown said...

I love, love, love this card and stamp set!!!! This is definity one stamp set I wish I had ordered before it retired!!!!