Followers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My favorite kind of card

I've decided that right now, my favorite kind of card to make is a birthday card for a kiddo. Anything goes! Ribbon, lots of color, glitter - the more the better!

We're going to a birthday party this weekend for a sweetheart who is turning six. I chose the little party koala from Whipper Snapper for my main image. Isn't he just the cutest? And what self-respecting koala would go to a birthday party without a little fun flock on his belly?! I know I certainly wouldn't.

I decided to have my party koala standing in a pile of presents, because let's face it folks, when you're six, it's all about the presents! Even at 31, it's all about the presents! For the presents and gift bags, I stamped out the images from my Lily set by Pink Cat Studio a bunch of times and colored them in with my Copics.

I embellished with some cute ribbon that my daughter discovered in the $1 bin at Mike's and some yummy sugar coated brads by Doodlebug. Kind of hard to tell from the picture, but I used my black Sakura glaze pen to give his nose a little shine.


Here are the copics that I used for the main image.
Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my, that is just adorable! Great job colouring the stamps! Hugs,
Melissa