Followers

Monday, September 1, 2008

I hate to break it to you but...





the holidays are just around the corner! Eeeeeek!

I don't do so well in crowds, so my Christmas shopping is usually done by Thanksgiving and sometimes even by Halloween.

As soon as I saw this little guy by Hambo, I had to have it. He totally reminded me of the Ladybug in "A Bug's Life" that Dennis Leary did the voice for. Remember how mad he got because everyone assumed he was a girl?

This project was super simple to do. All you need is a clear glass ornament, a feather boa and a piece of acetate. We all have a feather boa hanging in the back of the closet right? Okay....maybe not, but you can pick one up at Michael's for about $8 or even use some colored feathers instead. You basically just need something behind the acetate to make the image *pop*, so you can get as creative as you like.

Stamp your image in Staz-On on the acetate.

When that dries, FLIP OVER THE ACETATE.

Use Sharpies to color the image from behind. (I also added clear Stickles to the wings)

Cut a tiny section of a feather boa and put it inside a clear glass ornament.

Then all you need to do is roll your acetate to fit through the opening on the top.

Hope that all made sense! Be sure to hop on over to Hambo and check out the awesome sale that's going on right now. You only have until midnight on Tuesday!



3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Super cute idea!

Inkerbelle said...

How cute is that ornament with the 'angry' Hambo bug!!!!? I've made this kind of ornament in the past, but never with a boa, LOl. Love that idea!!

Amy said...

You are so right about the bugs life bug... I really must watch that movie again. I am SO going to make some of these this year!