Followers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

It's a new month and that means new Hambo samples to share with you! I decided to do all Halloween projects for my design team assignments this month.

All four stamps that I used can be found on the Hambo website by clicking the links below:
Candle Border #1720
Spider Web #1401
Big Spider #1413
Halloween Definition #2206

I came up with the layout and "upgraded" to a 5" x 7" card base after I saw Jen's "Sketch for you to try". I love her sketches, and thanks to insomnia this weekend, I was finally able to play along.

Instead of using the traditional and expected Halloween colors, I decided to bust into my stash of SU's retired Purely Pomegranate. I created the background with my brayer and sponges and kept the candles white by using the emboss resist technique.

For those of you who aren't familiar with emboss resist, you basically just stamp your image onto white paper and color it way you want it. Then clear emboss over the whole thing. The clear embossing protects the original image while you brayer, sponge or stamp over the rest of the background. When you're done, just take a napkin and wipe the excess ink off of your embossed image. Voila! It's still perfectly white.


That's it for me today!
Hugs,

4 comments:

Inkerbelle said...

I love, love, love your card!! Especially the non-traditional Halloween colours. Just terrific!

Monica Hunter said...

This is great MacKenzie! Like Isabelle, I love the colors, and especially the way the candles "light" the scene. Awesome work! :)

Anonymous said...

totally cute!! love it! thanks for playing along!!

Libby Hickson said...

Wow I LOVE this card - so cute! I just LOVE the brad spiders!!