Followers

Monday, February 16, 2009

At the cafe

Happy Monday!
I got to stay in my jammies and play in my
workshop ALL weekend - yay me!

I decided to head over to SCS to check out the current sketch
and was pleased to find this: Here's what I came up with...
I picked up a set called "Meet me at the Cafe" by MFT at the last scrapbook expo in Sacramento and thought it would be perfect for a birthday card I needed to get done.

I used SU Close to Cocoa for the base a paired it up with some subtle patterns from the Kim Hughes Mocha Chica paper pack. The vertical strip of yellow is from a retired SU paper collection called "Le Jardin".

I used my clear Sakura glaze pen to color over the wine glasses
and the chocolate frosting on the slice of birthday cake.

And, since I couldn't stop there, I also added
some "bumblebee" Doodlebug sugar coating to the flame on the candle.

Here's what the inside of the card looks like...
I just used the rest of my "Le Jardin" scraps and added a sentiment from Rubber Soul.
Thanks for coming by!
I'll be back tomorrow with a new sketch challenge
from Little C's and a quick brayering tutorial.
See ya then!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

what a perfect stamp for this sketch!