Followers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another sketch and yes.....another Christmas card

I came across this sketch at Splitcoast last week and decided to have a go at it. Here's the first card I came up with...
I used Blue Bayou for the base and paired it up with some SU patterned papers from the Le Jardin and Urban Garden collections. The floral image was stamped in Pacific Point, Baha Breeze and So Saffron ink. I finished it off with some ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration catalog and a big ol' button.

Here's a Christmas card I made with the same sketch flipped 90 degrees...
I just couldn't resist this image by Whipper Snapper. So cute!
I colored the main image with my Copics and then sponged Sky Blue ink around the background. The base is Baha Breeze and the patterned paper is a double-sided sheet from BasicGrey's "Figgy Pudding" Collection

Thanks for stopping by!
Tomorrow I'll be back with a new recipe to Fool Your Family.
Hugs,


3 comments:

Kathy W said...

both great cards, great use of dsp!

Maria said...

Hey Mackenzie! Beautiful cards. . .I really love the SU embrace life set and the awesome papers. . .very elegant card.

Whipper Snapper has such cute Christmas image. . .beautiful job on your Christmas card. . .feels like winter looking at your card.

Maria

Heidi said...

Mackenzi- this image/card is so sweet- I am just loving these little whipper snappers- guess I will need to break down and buy some huh?