Followers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Daydreaming Lily





Hey Kids!
Are you ready for your new Saturday Sketch from Lauren?

Isn't this a neat sketch? So many possibilities with this one! I had all kinds of fun ideas racing through my little stamping mind.

I recently got the new "Sweethearts" set from Pink Cat Studio and haven't been able to put it away. Lily and Billy are just too cute. So when it came time to stamp, I just HAD to use them again!





Here's what I came up with this week...
In order to make all three of my images fit, I made this card 4 x 8 1/2.
The base is Wild Wasabi (oh how I miss you...) and the patterned paper is from SU's "Candy Lane" collection. I did some score lines and paper piercing to add a little interest and then used my horizontal slit punch on either side of the main image to add some Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.

Everything was colored with my Copics and then I added Stickles to Cupid Billy's wings.


Now for those of you who don't know, I made a deal with myself a couple of weeks ago.
For EVERY sketch challenge that I participate in, I'm also going to make a Christmas card with the same sketch in addition to my "regular" card. I'm only two weeks in, and I've already got 10 Christmas cards done! I'm so excited that I'm not going to be stressing out in December at the thought of busting out 100+ holiday cards!

Here's the holiday card that I came up with for today's sketch.
I don't know about you, but I always have a few Starbucks gift cards on my holiday list. So today I decided to make a gift card holder / Christmas card.

Do you know a set from SU called "Cold Play"? It's a build your own snowman set with all kinds of different little pieces and accessories. I used the large snowman body shape to make my coffee ring stain.
It's really simple.
First get yourself a nice juicy ink pad. I used Chocolate Chip.
The juicier the better.

Now, with an aqua-painter in one hand and your stamp in the other, stamp your image on the cardstock and immediately brush over it with your aqua-painter.
Easy-peasy!
Just make sure that the image is completely dry before you stamp your sentiment or it will bleed all over.

Here's what the inside looks like...
Thanks for visiting me in my happy place!
I don't normally post on Sundays, but I will be back tomorrow with a list and photos of some stamps sets that I need to get rid of. I wanted to give my blog readers first dibs before I post them elsewhere.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the sketch team did:
Dawn, Kim, Kirsten, Kristy, Maria, Kendra & Tamara
Hugs,

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love both cards but the Christmas card with the ring is AWESOME!!!! I have this set and will have to try it!!!!

Mary said...

How gorgeous! Great work with the copics!

Melissa said...

These are fabulous MacKenzie! Great job!

Mara Campbell said...

Great job with Lauren's sketch, those stamps are the cutest!! And I love what you did with the copics. Great cards!!

BethieJ said...

Oh your card is so cute! I love the idea of making an Xmas card too! Good for you for having 10 done already!!!

Suzanne said...

I know you posted this awhile ago...but can you tell me how you got the starbuck's logo on your card? Is it a stamp?