Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Forest friends and a little fungi

How cute are these little critters?!
As soon as I saw this "Forest Friends" set by The Greeting Farm, I knew I *needed* it!
Oh, and by the way.....I also ordered the "Forest Friends" from the SU mini catalog because I *needed* that one too!!
I colored my little lovelies with Copic markers and paper pieced the owls belly with the same orange polka dot paper that I used for the background. Once I had the deer and owl in place, I decided to add some sushi grass, flowers and little mushrooms from Hambo.

And as most of you know, every critter that enters my stamp room gets a good flocking!
For this one, I used some white velvet from Doodlebug.

Did I mention that I used a sketch for that card?
You know what that means right?
Since I was working off of a sketch, I also made a Christmas card.
Here it is....

For this one, I added a red rhinestone to the deers nose.
Instant Rudolph! I finished it off with some yummy red velvet ribbon and felt snowflakes.


Hope your having a happy day!
Lets cross our fingers that "Coach" gets voted off of Survivor tonight!

9 comments:

Kathy W said...

Mackenzie- love the deer for Holiday card- wonderful coloring you did too!

Alyssa S said...

That little deer is too cute! And yummo on the red velvet ribbon - I just want to squish it! :o)

Tanya said...

Too cute!!! My sister and I weree just talking about we needing to get this set. I think now it is a must. TFS!!!

Robin said...

These cards are both adorable, but I LOVE the Christmas one!! It is perfect!

Heather Schlatter said...

Great Cards MacKenzie!!!

I to had to get both Forest Friends stamp sets they were both super cute and how could I resist not getting the SU one on that great Demo Discount???

I never thought to use the ultra cute TGF deer on a Christmas card!!! Awesome job girl!!!

heather

crafty amy said...

Wow I love them both! The red gem on the nose is a brilliant touch

X Amy X

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Too cute! Too bad they weren't on the hop last night! LOVE the Rudolph Christmas card.

Jessica Diedrich said...

How sweet! You know, my first thought when I saw that set was that it reminded me of the old Rudolph movie :) Genius to add that red rhinestone! Thanks for sharing this...SO cute!

Maria said...

LOL! We have a lot of needs. . I need a lot of stuff. . stamps are definitely high on my list of needs!

Awww such cute cards, Mackenzie. You did a beautiful job coloring those TGF images. Love the idea of flocking animals. I have to remember to do that!

Love your X-mas card. . .wow, you'll have a lot by December. Way to go, girl!!

Maria