Followers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Sketch Time!

Ready for our new sketch?
Here's what Lauren gave us to play with this week...Here's what I came up with....
I ended up putting the sentiment up on the top panel because my ginormous ribbon would have made it tough to see. This was a really fun layout to work with - thanks Lauren!

For this one, I left the base white and made use of some beautiful scraps I found in one of my drawers. The patterned paper is a double sided sheet from the "Cousins" line by My Mind's Eye. To finish it off, I pierced with my favorite pokey tool and then added some cute owls and a sentiment from the U R A Hoot collection by Kim Hughes.

Here's my Christmas version of the same sketch...
For this one, I used Close to Cocoa and matched it up with two different patterns by BasicGrey. For the three small square elements on the sketch, I used one of the images from SU's "Spotlight on Christmas". I stamped them onto the patterned paper with Chocolate Chip ink, cut them out and adhered with dimensionals.

To give it a little extra sparkle, I added some Diamond Stickles to random polka dots on the patterned paper and the snowflake from the stamped image.

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the sketch!
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team did:
Dawn Easton
Kendra Wisenbaker
Kim Gasper
Kirsten Dubosque
Kristy Vernon
Maria Levine
Tamara Harder

I'll be back on Monday with a little announcement and a super cute card to share!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love those owls!!! I really need to start some Christmas cards...thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy W said...

I always love to look down and see how did she covert this for Christmas=great cards.

Maria said...

Hey mackenzie!! Both your cards are awesome. . okay, those owls feel like they're staring at me! LOL! They're fabulous. . .beautiful job with the coloring.

Your second card is fantastic. It's very elegant looking. . I love the color combo!!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Maria

Unknown said...

These cards art too cute!! I just love all your sketches you put on your blog. I am going to have to start printing them off so I can use them!! Thanks for all your awesome inspiration!!