Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sending you sunshine and a sketch

Today I had a chance to play with Jen's sketch.Here's what I came up with...
I just picked up this sheet of yummy polka dot paper by BasicGrey and this was the perfect opportunity to break it in. I left the background white, which I rarely do, and scored a frame around the main image.

The image and sentiment are from a set called "By the Seashore" by My Favorite Things.
To tie the main image and the patterned paper together, I did some paper piecing on her pants and hat. To finish off this little beauty, I sponged Creamy Caramel around the edges of each panel, added some ribbon and a button from my new stash. I just picked up a bag of about 2500 buttons from the Goodwill store for $2!

Oh....here's a little tip...
If you want to keep a 5 year old busy for an hour, give her 2500 buttons to sort by color!

And since I was working off of a sketch today, I also have a Christmas card to share. For those of you who don't know, I made a deal with myself three weeks ago, to create a Christmas card in addition to my "regular" card for EVERY sketch challenge that I do.

Only three weeks in and I'm sharing Christmas card #15 today!
For this one I used SU's "Crab & Company". I totally forgot that this set had Christmas images in it until I was scanning the walls of my workshop for a different Christmas stamp to use.
I added a little white velvet flock to his hat and embellished with some felt snowflakes from the Winter mini catalog.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit today. See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love her paper pieced outfit! Great cards!!