Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Twisted Hanna and a sketch

I saw Amy's sketch this week and couldn't pass it up...I decided to flip the sketch 90 degrees to the right and this is what I came up with...One of my Aunts who rides a motorcycle could use a little giggle, so I'll be popping this in the mail today. The motorcycle image is by Hanna Stamps and the funny sentiment is from the "Twisted" set by My Favorite Things.

The base is Elegant Eggplant and the patterned paper behind it is by Bo Bunny. For the ribbon accent, I used a double sided purple / lavender satin ribbon.
The image was colored in with my Copic markers and then I added a few background elements from the same set of stamps. I used a sponge with Creamy Caramel & Soft Sky inks to finish the background.
Since I was working off of a sketch today, I've also got a Christmas card to share with you.
This one uses an adorable image by Rachelle Anne Miller called "Skating". The polka dot patterned paper is by Scenic Route and the stripes are by BasicGrey. The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Like it a Latte", which I seem to use alot on winter cards. Since this is a Christmas card, I decided to use my red velvet ribbon.

To finish it off, I added some Doodlebug Sugar Coating to the ice to make it super sparkly.

Have a super Tuesday!
Hugs,

3 comments:

de said...

Both cards rock! I love, LOVE the sentiment on the motorcycle one. Too funny.

Maria said...

Hey Mackenzie!! Both your cards are awesome! I love the purple color of your first card. I haven't used purple on my card for a long time. I recently just created a card using purple. I don't have too many dp with purple in it.

I love that RAchel Ann Miller image. It's perfect for Christmas and you did a beautiful job coloring the image!!

Maria

Vanessa said...

hey Mackenzie on the second card here how did you make the black part of the stamped image pop up like that?