Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Greeting Farm Cuties

Have you ever gone to a website just to purchase a particular item, then find out that item is out of stock, but since you're in a "shopping mood" you make an impulse purchase?
Skater Ian was a total impulse buy for me. I never wanted him, as adorable as he may be, he just never really caught my eye. Well....until Geisha Anya was sold out, then I took a second look at him. And now I'm smitten.... I always have a tough time making cards for boys but this one came together so quick! I used Close to Cocoa cardstock to make a 5 1/2" square base. Then I used some teal patterned paper from SU and a green pattern from the Kim Hughes Mocha Chica pack. I used a spiral punch on the left side of the green paper and paired up the main image with a great sentiment from Hambo. The stars on the base cardstock are from the SU set "Just Jawing".
After I colored this adorable little guy with my Copics, I cut him out and added black eyelets for the wheels on his skateboard. I know this is a boy card, but I just HAD to add some ribbon and glitter. The little star on Ian's shirt has some "swimming pool" Doodlebug Sugar Coating.


Here's another quick one I made with some "Dress Me" images that my buddy Gloria stamped out and sent to me.
I used another Hambo sentiment on this one.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,

2 comments:

Monica said...

Cool cards MacKenzie! I can see where you'd fall for the skater boy -- fun image!

Kathy W said...

I like the color combo of teal and chocolate chip, great image too!