Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Super" Tuesday

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well on this Tuesday morning.
We've got Kindergarten birthday parties to attend for the next three weekends, so I figured I'd better get going on some kiddo cards.

To get me started today, I used this sketch from Splitcoast... Here's what I came up with after I flipped the sketch 90 degrees...
What better image for a 6 year old boy, than Super Billy?! This little cutie is from the "Billy" set by Pink Cat Studio. I strayed a little from the sketch so I could add the sentiment and popped it up on dimensionals. The patterned paper is from SU's retired "Jersey Shore" collection and all of the bright colors and patterns in the set are fun for kid cards.

Here's a close up of my little super hero...

Since I was working from a sketch today, I also made a Christmas card.
For this one, I used a stamp from SU's "Winter Post" set and tried to make the main panel look like a wrapped gift. Still not sure if I accomplished that or not....
The patterned paper is from the "Candy Lane" collection and the base is Close to Cocoa.

Well I guess that's it for me today.
Thanks for stopping by. I'll see ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great. I really like how you did the sentiment on the Billy card, with the scalloped layer under the main image and the sentiment laeyr over it. I also love how the focal image looks like a pretty present on the front of the Christmas card... Beautifully done!

Kathy W said...

super cute, like the sketch and always fun to scroll down to see what you came up with for Christmas too!

Melissa said...

Awesome job on your cards MacKenzie!!