Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Getting ready for the "Pork of July"!

I've got another Hambo project for you!
Can you stand it?!

With the 4th of July quickly approaching, I thought I'd make an apron shaped barbecue invitation. Isn't this barbecue image great? And that sentiment just cracks me up!

I wish I could say that he reminded me of my husband grilling away, but he actually reminds me of myself. Except I'm a little thinner.....and less hairy. I've been a vegetarian for 22 years, but somehow I've taken on the role as Grill Master at our house. Not exactly sure how that happened, but I'm told that I make the best pork ribs in all the land.

I decided to create an invite with my recipe in a pocket on the front of the card.
Here's a close up.
I used a silver pen for the utensils and a red
Sakura glaze pen on the barbecue. It's super shiny in person.

You've gotta have LOTS of paper towels around when you're eating ribs. I stamped a sparkler image, also by Hambo, onto a few paper towels and wrapped them up with a 1" wide strip of cardstock. Then I attached a little panel to the front.
To make the apron shaped card, I started with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" base and scored it 1/2" down from the top fold. Then I punched out the top corners as shown with my 1 3/8" circle punch.
Then I made a quick cut with my scissors on each side.
Voila!
Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

de said...

This is SO adorable! I'm gonna have to case this! Thanks for the tutorial! LOVE the image and sentiment too!

Kathy W said...

great project, thanks for sharing instructions- would look great on scrapbook page too