Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

"My Time" to inspire...

Today's Saturday and that means a new challenge from my uber-talented pal Lauren! This week we have an inspiration piece to share with you...

I only have Stampin Up cardstock, so I translated the colors as:
Blue Bayou, So Saffron, Old Olive and Riding Hood Red.
Here's what I came up with...

The dress images and sentiment on the tag are from SU's "Pattern of Friendship" - one of my all time favorite sets. I don't even sew, but I was just had to have this set. I really like the vintage feel of it.

I created a little pocket for my tag and hand-stitched some buttons to the top of it.

I paper pieced the dress images and hand-stitched around the border.

I also created a spool of thread embellishment with my SU Round Tab Punch. I simply punched it out of Close to Cocoa cardstock and wrapped it with some thread. Easy-peasy!

So...are you feeling inspired yet?
Be sure to upload your creation to the challenge post on Lauren's blog. I love seeing what you all do each week! Looking for more inspiration??
Check out what the rest of the design team did:
Lauren Meader
Dawn Easton
Kendra Wisenbaker
Alicia Weiman
Maria Levine
Tamara Harder
Jen Tapler
Dana
Kristin
Lisa Kind
Odette
Pam
Tracey Cuccia

Have a great weekend,

12 comments:

Alicia Weiman said...

This is so cute! I love all the little things you added for embellishments.

I had stamp club this week and all of my friends loved the little book you made with Ethan's pictures in it. I have it sitting proudly in my dining room for everyone to see!

AKiteFlier said...

Wow MacKenzie - this is great. Love how you made your own little spool of thread even! I think that little card in the pocket is nifty! GREAT JOB.
:-)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh!!! Girl, you have outdone yourself with this card...wowzers! Love all the creativity that is coming from it...fantastic design!

Kristin Eberline said...

MacKenzie! How many clever ideas can you put into one card?! LOVE the pocket with the hand-sewn buttons. LOVE the spool of thread you created! And I LOVE the hand stitched border around the main image!! Your card is fantastic!!!

Tamara said...

Great job. I love the spool of thread you created.

DoxieGirl said...

oh my gosh! this is so sweet! love the colorc combo and that spool of thread is SO spot on! Love it!
~Kendra

Unknown said...

FAB-O girl!! love the 'spool of thread'...smart thinkin' ;)

I liked this set, but didn't think I could get it to work...you've made it sing!! :)

Janice RR said...

That spool of thread is "stinkin' cute"!!!! Love how that creative brain of yours works, girl! Thanks for inspiring!

Rina said...

very nicely detailed and embellished. I love it! tfs, MacKenzie! Aloha and God bless~

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a terrific, imaginative card! Love all the details!!!

Cindy Major said...

What a gorgeous card! So delicate and full of wonderful details!

Cindy

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOW! I found you through Nancy Riley's iPicks this week, this is a fabulous card, I love the added ribbon!