Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hambo Hump Day

Did you know that Hambo has a bunch of their Halloween images ON SALE right now?!

Today I decided to use two of the images from their Halloween collection and make a lollipop holder. Talk about a super fast project! I've never made one of these before, but it didn't take too long to figure out what measurements I should use. Here's how I did it...

I started out with a 3 x 6 1/2 inch piece of black cardstock and scored at:
3 5/16 and
3 5/8

Then I punched a hole in the center, between the two score marks.
This is where you'll push the lollipop stick through.
Next, I folded on the score lines. You'll notice that one side of the cardstock is a little longer than the other. Use the "slit" punch by Stampin Up on the longer piece.
You'll see what I mean on the next step.

Then just tuck the shorter edge under the slit.
Easy Peasy!
Then just decorate to your hearts content. I used some Elegant Eggplant cardstock and a pattern by Reminisce.

These would be so simple to mass produce for Halloween. I may even just make the base and let the kids decorate them on their own to pass out to their friends at school!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with another peek at one of my class projects.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this. Nice and easy yet very cool looking at the same time!

Kathy W said...

fun project