Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hambo Hump Day and Frog Slime

Today I have two Hambo projects to share with you. First up is a card I made using a small crab image from Hambo's Sea Animal Collection. I found this cute patterned paper by Flair Designs in my stash. Who knew I had crab themed paper?! And since everything is cuter with google eyes, I glued those onto each crab before I adhered them to the card.


Next up is a Halloween project. My son wanted something "boyish" to give his classmates. What could be more "boyish" than frog slime?
Actually, it's flubber.
I found this recipe online and whipped up a batch with the kids over the weekend. We packaged it up in some small glass jars and then decorated them with some green ribbon, computer generated text and a frog stamp by Hambo.

I used my Stamp-A-Majig and combined two different Hambo sentiments for the tag on the bottom lid.
This is what it looks like when you take it out of the jar.
Weirdest stuff I've ever seen....
It's solid when you take it out of the jar and move it around. As soon as it stops moving, it's liquid again.
Bizarre...but fun!


3 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

You're so clever! I bet you're the favorite mom at the school. :)

Does the flubber stain your hands when you play with it?

Kathy W said...

super cute images, the googlies eyes make it!

Judy Rozema said...

Love the crab card!! Isn't that stuff cool??!