Followers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hambo Hump Day

My cabana boy scheduled this post for me because I'm in a tube having my brain scanned!

Today I have a fun Hambo card to share with you. If you go to the Fractured Funnies page on the Hambo website, you'll find all kinds of cute stamps that come as a set of 2. I love these sets because it gives you a sentiment for the outside of your card as well as the inside. I don't know about you, but I don't have alot of clever stamps for the inside of my cards.

Here's what I came up with... I used the "SALE" text and created a mini sign with some twine and a copper brad. And of course my sign had to be hung in a window right? I cut four 1 1/2 inch squares on my Cricut and used the negative as my window frame.
To create the window box, I punched a border on some rust colored cardstock and cut the edges at an angle. Then I folded over one edge to add some dimension and added some tiny paper roses. To finish it off, I added some sushi grass.
Here's what the inside looks like...
It says, "Now that I have your attention..."
I don't know about you guys, but this card totally makes me think of my Mother-in-law. She's a total shop-o-holic. Seriously....they have meetings for people like her. <-----insert evil grin.

Well, I guess that's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by.
Be sure to check out the Hambo Challenge Blog to play along on our latest sketch challenge.


5 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Great card! Hope your feeling better
x

Claireabelle said...

Great card! Hope your feeling better
x

Inkerbelle said...

This is the sweetest card, EVAH!!! Hope you're okay!

Monica Hunter said...

As you know, I LOVE this card! Thanks for all the info on how it was made.

I hope you're feeling better and that the news from the doctor was good!

sarah said...

cute card! :)

hugs,
sarah.