Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Release Day! It's Christmas in October!

It's finally release day at Pink Cat Studio!
Did you have fun checking out everyones sneak peeks?

It was such an honor to be invited to play along with Melissa and the rest of the Pink Cat gals. My bud Tracey and I had soooo much fun being guest designers this month!

Now it's finally your turn to play with these cute images!
Click here to grab a set of your very own!


And as promised, I've done a tutorial on the gift box that I made earlier this week.

Start with a 10" x 8 1/2" piece of thick cardstock.
Score it at 3" and 7" on the long side.


Flip the cardstock 90 degrees and score on the short side at 3" and 5 1/2".



Flip the cardstock again so the long side is on top.
Cut along the score lines as shown below:

With the center part folded up, score the top and bottom sections at 1 1/2" and 8 1/2".



Remove the sections marked below:


This is what you should have.
(when folded flat, the center section with be 1 1/2" longer than the rest)


Next, fold on the score lines and apply adhesive where shown.



Assemble one side...



Fold up the other side and adhere.
This is what you should have.
This is a good time to decorate your box.


Still with me?
Your box is complete.
Now let's work on the roof.

Score a 4" x 6 1/2" piece of thick cardstock right down the middle at 3 1/4".


Adhere a small section of the bottom to the inside of your box with red sticky tape. Adhere the other side with Velcro. (This will allow your recipient to open the box without destroying it) Apply a line of glue to the bottom section of the roof and add some small punched ovals. These will be the shingles.


Continue overlapping ovals until you reach the top of the roof.
I ended up with four rows.


To finish the top of the roof, score a 4" x 1" piece of cardstock down the middle at 1/2".


Adhere the 1" strip to the top of the roof as shown below:


To adhere my image, I folded a small piece of cardstock into a triangle and glued it to the roof as shown.


Then I was able to attach my stamped image.


To finish off my gift box, I punched some holes to add ribbon.


Here's a side view of the completed box.


And a front view.







I hope that was helpful!
Thanks for stopping by today.
I'd LOVE to see what you do with your box!

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

omg, this is adorable and some much detail with bricks and roof shingles, your talent never ceases to amaze me

Jane Bosi said...

Holy Gingerbread, Girl!! This is amazing!!! You Rock!

Alyssa S said...

This is adorable! I love all the little details you put into it ;o)

Dilasari said...

Thank you very much for the tutorial. it's very beautiful. I've been long looking for a unique gifr wrapping idea and will definitely give it a try.