Followers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Mojo sketch and a post-it tutorial

Last night I stamped just for fun and came up with this.... I used the sketch from Mojo Monday and actually got a card made in the same week! That's a first for me! This cute little image was in the $1 bin at JoAnns yesterday and I couldn't resist.
And you'll remember these from my post yesterday for the new release over at Pink Cat Studio. Below I have the tutorial I promised. These post-it note holders are super easy and just take minutes to make.
Start with a sheet of cardstock that measures 3 3/8" x 9 1/4".
Score it along the long side at 3 3/8", 3 3/4" and 7 3/4".
If you want a decorative edge on the closure, use your punch on the edge shown below.
Fold on all of the score lines and apply red sticky tape (or any very strong adhesive) as shown. This will hold down the very bottom of your decorative edge so your projects closes like a matchbook.
Fold up the bottom edge.
Then apply two pieces of red sticky tape where shown. This will hold down your post-it note pad. Can you tell that I was using the last of my sticky tape for this project?
Adhere your post-it pad in place right under the second score mark as shown.
Now fold over the top cover and tuck under the decorative edge.
Now you're ready to decorate and embellish your little heart out.

2 comments:

Katt Korpsgryndr said...

I'll have to head over to JoAnn's today, that image is so dang cute!!

Inkerbelle said...

Such a beautiful card and I loooove that beaver stamp. Must try to find it at Joann's. Cheers!!!