Followers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long

Hi there!
Today is Friday and that means a brand new challenge from Christmas Stampin All Year Long! What?!
You haven't started your holiday cards yet?

I know it's only March, but if you start playing with us now, and create one holiday card each week, you'll be SO thankful that you did. I promise! I'm so glad I joined this team last year. By the time the holidays came around, I was done with all of my cards, decor and packaging. It was so nice to actually be able to enjoy the season with my family and not be a crazed woman stuck in my workshop doing mass production.

Okay, okay....I'm done with my speech.
Without further adieu, here's the inspiration photo for our challenge this week, courtesy of Pottery Barn. There are 3 rules to the challenge:
1. Use colors from the picture
2. Leave plenty of white/ivory space
3. Add a bird to your card

Here's what I came up with...
I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder to add texture to the large ivory base and then stamped images from SU's "5th Avenue Floral" set.
I used the new SU punch to make the bird and leaves and then finished it off with some Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon.
Bam!
Another holiday card done in under 10 minutes!
I can't wait to see what my readers come up with for this challenge! You can check out what the rest of the design team made and leave a link to your creation on the CSAYL blog.
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh MacKenzie this is awesome! Love the textured background on the card. It's oh so pretty!

Maria said...

Wow, 10 min! YOu ROCK! I don't think I remember the last time I made a 10 min card! LOL! Your card is beautiful. . .it's so elegant. You really made the challenge work for you! Thank you for coming up with such beautiful cards each week for CSAYL!!

Maria

Lissa said...

This is beautiful!!! Maybe I should join this group... Every year I say I'm going to make my Christmas cards, but it gets down to Thanksgiving and I start thinking about everything I have to do and end up chickening out... :P

Libby Hickson said...

So gorgeous!!

inlovestamping said...

Such an adorable card!!!

Jacqui said...

I'm gonna have to get me a bird like that!!!!