Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Struck by the cooties....

My husband and the kiddos have each had their turn getting sick over the last couple of weeks and I've been SO careful to not get even one cootie on me. Because we all know that if Mom gets sick, the whole house falls apart - am I right?
Well, I guess it was finally my turn. I spent the whole weekend in bed with my pile of kitties. On the bright side, all of the rest I got gave me a chance to start this new book.

Oh my gosh - I LOVE this book!
I've been vegetarian for 22 years now and have been thinking of going vegan for about a year. It's kind of a huge step for me to take, because I married Mr Meat & Potatoes. I cook every meal from scratch and use mostly organic products, but I do need to feed my man, so I make a meat dish for him every night also. This book is definitely showing me that the transition won't be too crazy and there are bunches of DELICIOUS recipes in this book that even Mr Meat & Potatoes will enjoy!

Okay, enough about me.
Here's a quick card that I wanted to share with you today. I made it weeks ago, but never got around to posting it.

This is "Skater Ian"...
I used some retired SU patterned paper with Soft Suede cardstock for this one. The sentiment is a rub on by Making Memories and I thought it was a nice generic greeting that could be used for several different occasions. After I colored this cutie in with my Copics, I cut him out and added buttons for the wheels on his skateboard.
That's it for me today. I'm going to crawl back into bed. I'll be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lily said...

What a wonderful book, you should post recipes like you use to with fool your family Fridays. Keep up the good work!