Followers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Monday. I hope all of you Moms out there had a fantastic Mother's Day. I was spoiled rotten and enjoyed every second of it! Among other goodies, my hubby surprised me with a Wii Fit Plus. I was so excited that I made him hook it up right away. Apparently I'm a natural at Super Hula Hoop - who knew? (I have the sore abs to prove it!)
It seems like forever since I've had a chance to go blog-hopping. I took some time this weekend to see what was going on out there in cyber-world. I came across a really cool blog called "Stampin When I Can". She has posts of what challenges are going on for each day of the week! It was so cool to be able to go to one blog and see all of the sketches right there!

This sketch caught my eye and I decided to play along for one last Mother's Day card that I needed to pop in the mail.My dear friend recently had twins, so I thought this "Laundry" image would be perfect for her card. Because as all of you other Moms out there know.....the laundry never ends......I used some pretty patterns from the BasicGrey Kioshi paper pack and paper pieced her head scarf. I finished it off with a mini purple jewel.
I used a black Sakura gel pen to color the laundry basket. It really gives it a shiny plastic look.I used a rub-on for the sentiment and embellished with more purple jewels.
I've gotta go. I'm off to a Mother's Day tea party in my daughters 1st grade class today! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Emily said...

cute, I need to try some sketches...have fun at the tea party!!

Kathy W said...

cute like the use of bling too