Followers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just between us...

Don't tell anyone, but usually I despise color challenges.
However.....I saw this photo on the Moxie Fab blog and was loving it! I grabbed some Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and got to work. Here's what I came up with...
This is "Cupcake Leslie".
Adorable, no?
She just one of the cute new characters from a brand new company called Karber Digital Images. My daughter is going through a glasses phase right now. She doesn't need glasses, she just thinks they're a cute accessory. She's been sportin' giant pink glasses all summer and every day at school so far. Needless to say, I fell in love with the Leslie character as soon as I saw her.

For this card, I used Crushed Curry cardstock for the base and paired it with some cute patterns from SU's last Sale-A-Bration paper pack. I added a bow to the top of the card and tied a pink button around it with some scrappers floss.

The sentiment is from "Itty Bitty Christmas" by Pink Cat Studio. I added a frame around it from SU's "Great Friend" set and then finished it off with a little cupcake from my Martha Stewart punch.


I hope my little project made you smile. Thanks for stopping by today!
I'll be back tomorrow with a new RUBBER release from Pink Cat Studio!


5 comments:

Kathy W said...

she is very sweet, good job with the color challenge those colors are a challenge but you pulled it off

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Great take on the challenge! Love your card. Thanks for sharing :)

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet treat of a card! Love your coloring and how you incorporated the Trigger colors beautifully :o)

susan r. opel said...

Hey MacKenzie! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)