Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mmmmmm.....pancakes



My haunted house was a HUGE success!! A little birdie even told me that it's the best one the school has ever had! After a month of planning, painting & prop making, I can finally kick up my heels and relax a bit.

And that's exactly what I did all weekend long. The weather here was windy, cold and rainy - and I loved every minute of it! It's finally starting to feel like Fall around here and I'm a happy girl because that's my favorite time of year. Every year around this time, my son and I like to try out different pumpkin recipes. We have a slight addiction to pumpkin anything. Over the weekend I made some delicious pumpkin pie pancakes and I thought I'd share the recipe with you. It's a vegan recipe, but feel free to substitute ingredients to your liking.

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t fine sea salt
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
1 1/4 cups of vanilla soy milk
1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
1 T corn oil

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.

2. In a blender, combine the soy milk, pumpkin puree and corn oil. Process until smooth and then add to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix with a few strokes until combined.

3. Ladle 3 tablespoons of batter onto a hot oiled griddle for about 2 minutes and flip.

Serve with pure maple syrup or almond butter cream (recipe follows)

Almond Butter Cream

3 or 4 pitted dates
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup blanched almonds

Soak the dates in the water until soft. Place the dates and their soaking liquid in a blender, add the almonds, and blend until smooth and creamy. Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered, until ready to use, up to 1 week.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Alyssa S said...

Yummy! TFS - these sound fabulous!!