Followers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monochromatic Creeper

Did anyone else order the Ginormous Creeper Kit from The Greeting Farm?  I absolutely fell in love with those creepy little kiddos and had to have them when they were on special pre-order on March 1st!  I got them in the mail soon after, but never got around to opening them because of everything going on in Japan with my hubby's family. 
Well, we got some fantastic news over the weekend - the cousin and wife that have been missing since the quake and tsunami were finally tracked down and found to be alive and well!!  It's simply amazing that they survived and we're so thrilled!  We also got word on the rest of our dear friends out there and everyone is fine!  It's such a relief and so wonderful to finally have some good news to tell our kiddos.

After hearing all of the good news this weekend, my crafting mojo returned and I spent lots of time in my workshop playing with my creepy new goodies. 
The Greeting Farm has a monochromatic challenge going on, and I thought this little cutie would be perfect.

This is Jill...and she's super sassy.

I left some parts of the image white, and then colored over them with a glitter pen.  They're super SPAR-KA-LAY in person!

I used a double-sided pattern by American Crafts, a rub-on sentiment and embellished with white flowers, black leaves, buttons and ribbon.  The only color that I used on the card was some blue ink for her eyes.

Thanks for stopping by today to peek at my latest creation. 
I'm off to go do our taxes - don't be jealous.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

glad you got good news from Japan and you got your creative mojo going!