Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gift

Today I wanted to share another project I made for school last week.  Each year I decorate something like a backpack and this year was no different. 
 I came across this photo album at JoAnn's for 99 cents and knew exactly what I wanted to do.
After a few quick measurements, I added cardstock to the front and back covers.
Then I added some pockets with dimensionals, a couple of snaps and drew on some white stitching.
I finished it off with some celery ribbon straps.  This was SO simple to do, but looks like it took a lot longer - 20 minutes tops!

Now for the inside....
There are 30 students in my sons class, so coming up with a gift that they can all be a part of can be tricky at times. 
This year, I printed out 30 pages with a sentence started on each one.  They measured 4" x 6", so I was able to get 2 out of each sheet of cardstock.  Then I had each student finish the sentence and sign their name.
I used scraps of school themed patterned paper, stickers and chipboard to embellish each page.  In the last sleeve of the album, I added a photo of the class.  The kids really enjoyed giving this to their teacher and had fun reading what everyone else wrote.  And the teacher LOVED it!
Can't beat a 99 cent investment!

Here are some other samples of adorable backpack projects that I found online:
Backpack gift boxes by Stampin Mommy of 4
Book bag made out of Uno cards by Room Mom 101
and this mini backpack album by Deena that inspired my project.
Thanks for poppin' by today! 
I'll be back tomorrow with a new release from Pink Cat Studio.

No comments: