Followers

Friday, May 27, 2011

To Die For

Ahhhhh....my last Friday alone until the new school year starts!
Today is also challenge day over at CSAYL and this week the challenge is "To Die For".  Use a die cut as your main image.  It can be from a Sizzix, a piece of chipboard, pre-printed ones....whatever makes you happy!  I recently picked up a scrapbook page kit that came with the most adorable holiday die cuts by My Minds Eye.
I love me some die cuts, especially cute matchy-matchy ones like these.  Add some jewels, a couple of glitter swirly things and 10 minutes later you've got a card.  The only thing I hate about pre-printed die cuts are those little paper nubby things that stay attached after you've punched it out. 
You know what I mean...
Seriously....they make me crazy, and I can never quite get them off with scissors.
When I put this card together yesterday, I decided to try a little something, and what  do you know?  It worked like a charm!
I have a sanding block that looks like a jumbo nail file.  It was one of those free gift thingys that got put in a drawer and never used.  I unwrapped it, and gently went around the edges a couple of times.
Bye-bye paper nubbys!

Ok kids, that's it for me today.  I can't let my last Friday of freedom go to waste!  Hop on over to the CSAYL challenge blog and give our "to die for" challenge a go!

1 comment:

Alyssa S said...

Love this bright and fun Xmas card! It's just so *you*! ;o) Funny, I use a nail file all the time to soften the edges of things or take that grime that seems to come from my nesties all the time.