Followers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Nurse Nora

A little birdie told me that my mother-in-law is secretly hoping to get a pack of cards from me for Christmas.  I was totally flattered and decided to whip up a batch just for her.  Here's one that I came up with using a sweet image by CC Designs, called "Nurse Nora".
I love red, white and black together and that color combo was perfect for this image.
I used a glitter pen on her angel wings and then outlined the whole image with a pale blue Copic to make it *pop*.
When I was finished with this card, it was missing something, so I grabbed my favorite sharp implement, poked away, and drew in a quick cross stitch pattern with a black marker.
Voila!  The perfect finishing touch!
Only six more days until Christmas!
I hope you're all enjoying this time of year with your families and friends.
Hugs,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky MIL to be getting a pack of cards from you! Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Happy New Year!

missmacymay said...

Hi, I love your card and the cross stitch idea really made the card pop, thanks for the idea. Congrats on feeling proud that your cards are in demand. I have followed your blog for awhile now and your mom in law is lucky she can hit you up for some professional looking cards. I would be honored if you would stop by and visit me at the cissyandfranshow.blogspot.com. Cissy and I are just beginning to get into copic markers and I love that you include a picture of the markers you use. I did that on my hydrangea post because I saw that is what you did and I really thought it was cool.