Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Class Project #1



I had time to take pictures of all the projects we'll be doing in my class this Sunday and thought I'd share my favorite one with you first. This is the egg box from Papertrey. I found some adorable double sided paper at my local scrapbook store by Imaginisce. It's from the "For Peep's Sake" collection. Since the images on the front are all circles, I used a 1 inch punch on 15 of them and attached them with dimensionals around the box. I used the back side of the paper directly on the box, but left a 1/4 inch border so some of the white box would show.

I loved Lauren Meader's idea of using the disposable piping bags as carrots. I went to the Jelly Belly store yesterday and bought 3 pounds of cantaloupe jelly beans......yummmy! We'll be using these to fill the piping bags and then tying the tops with 1/4 inch certainly celery SU ribbon. I get to eat all of the leftover jelly beans from my class right?!

I used the scallop punch, which I just LOVE for a little interest at the top of the box. I poked holes around the border with my paper piercer and outlined them with a white gel pen. The bottom of the box is wrapped in 5/8 inch certainly celery SU ribbon.
This was such a quick and easy project to do, but it looks like it took hours! Don't you just love those?

No comments: