Followers

Monday, February 4, 2008

Mini mailbox, coffee woes and BLOG CANDY!




Well...I was supposed to get a bunch of scrapbooking and card making done yesterday, but sometimes things just don't go as planned. On the way to meet my girlfriends, I stopped at Starbucks and got some Venti drinks for us. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, the cup carrier fell out of my hand and the entire contents of a Venti Mocha exploded all over the driver side of the beige interior of my husbands Mercedes! EEEEEEK! Luckily there was a gas station on the corner and I pulled in and grabbed every paper towel they had. I spent about ten minutes collecting ice cubes and sopping up chocolate coffee out of the driver side door, seat, carpet, seatbelt, armrest, my shoes and my clothing. I remembered that there was a car detail place about a mile away and headed over, all the while praying that they were open on Sunday mornings. Yeah! They were open, I pulled in, explained my dilemma and they got to work. I went into the waiting room to see if they had a bathroom for me to use, so I could wash all of the dried up coffee off of my arms, shoes, watch, etc. I got some strange looks from everyone on my way to the restroom. Hmmmm....maybe I had splashed some coffee on my face?? When I got inside, I looked in the mirror....no coffee on my face. I washed up for a few minutes and on my way out of the bathroom, I looked in the mirror to make sure there wasn't anything on my back. O MY GOSH!!! Now I know why everyone was staring at me. I had a GINORMOUS wet chocolate colored coffee stain on my tushy!! It looked SO gross! I can only imagine what those people were thinking!

Needless to say, I was two hours late for my crop date with the girls and not feeling very motivated. We mostly just socialized and worked on small miscellaneous projects.

I managed to finish my sample mini mailbox for my workshop this weekend. Isn't the patterned paper totally yummy?! It's from the Sweetheart Collection by Cloud 9 Design. The paper is embossed and sparkly in person. For the rest of the box, I used a bunch of different SU stamps and misc ribbons that I've been hoarding.

Thanks for reading this very long post and listening to my sad coffee tale. If you've made it this far, you deserve a little something! How about 3 mini mailboxes for my first blog candy giveaway!! One pink, one white and one red! Leave a comment on this post and tell me about one of your embarassing experiences and I'll randomly choose a winner on Friday!

7 comments:

Keiko said...

Oh boy! sorry for the coffee crisis!
What a cute mail box!!
I always enjoy your cards and ideas!!
Keep it up!

Michele Kovack said...

I am laughing out loud.....sorry! I have walked the entire mall with my pants split down the middle! Didnn't realize it until I got in the car to drive home! Yep, could see my underwear and everything!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had quite the adventure. I can relate. I had a full latte lid pop off as I was reaching to place it in my cup holder. As it did that it completely fell out of my hand and spilled in by seat. I had a few napkins and a towel in the car. I ended up cleaning it up as best I could and had to sit in it on my 1/2 hour drive home. I was so disappointed that I didn't get my coffe along with the fact that I didn't get my errands done. Here's to a better day. Love all your creative ideas!
Sonya

Anonymous said...

ha ha card is funny, right up my alley! I just looked through your blog and you have some great! ideas...love the wedding dress you "pieced" together! Wow, never would have thought of that. Good luck with your goals, same as mine! LOL Have fun...

Elissa said...

I love your cat butt stamps! My cat cheeto has a question mark tail..it's so long that it's always curled into a question mark or half heart shape! Mailboxes are adoreable too! That Cloud 9 paper is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Your coffee caper was so funny! I think we have all splashed our Starbucks in the car at least once!!

The worst thing I can think of that happened to me (in public) was at a girlfriends bridal shower... we were at a fancy dining establishment in LA and we were getting smashed on martinis. A small group of us made our way to the ladies room. When I sat down on the potty I "fell asleep" {wink!} My SIL had to crawl under the door, "wake" me up and help me get my pantyhose back up from around my ankles. I think I would be VERY embarrassed... if I could remember any of it!!

Thanks for the op at the yummy blog candy!

Char in So Cal
scrampaddict@cox.net

Unknown said...

hey sister - your the queen of sick humor cards...my favorite kind
;)