Followers

Monday, April 7, 2008

What a day!




Today was my in-home monthly workshop and I had 17 attendees! I was thrilled with the turnout and we had a great time, but boy am I tired!


Nothing new created today, so I thought I'd post this card I made a few weeks ago. I was so bummed when SU discontinued the "Seaside Sketches" set and I didn't get a chance to order it in time. After listening to me whine about it for a few days, my awesome Sister in law found this stamp for me at one of our local scrapbook stores.


The card base is SU basic black and all of the pattern papers are from the "Stella Ruby" collection by BasicGrey. The main image is from this post and I embellished it with liquid applique, Stickles and a glitter pen. For those of you who don't know what liquid applique is...it's a fabric paint that "poofs" up when you apply heat to it.

I matted the BasicGrey striped paper to SU's chocolate chip cardstock and used the corner rounder punch to make my scalloped edge. I doodled a little on the scallop edge with my white gel pen and added a ribbon to finish it off. (Being the true "scramper" that I am, I cut off this yummy ribbon from a blouse that didn't fit me anymore - is there something wrong with me?? Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that).

Since I really wanted the focal point to be the colored image, I decided to use a small stamp for the sentiment. It's from an old retired SU set called "Smorgasborders".

I'm off to bed after a long day of playing and getting inky. Life's rough isn't it?

I plan on taking pictures of the final project that we made at my workshop and posting them tomorrow. Til then...


No comments: