Followers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Did you hug your teacher today??

For those of you who have kids in school, I'm sure that you spoiled your teachers today for National Teacher Day. My son has the most wonderful teacher and we've become great friends. I love when I get the opportunity to do something nice for her, because let's face it, she's a saint. Anyone who can handle 20 six year olds and hear their name 237 times a day, is a saint in my book!

Each class at school has a mascot, and our class is the frog class. I've had lots of fun this year buying anything and everything froggish. For her gift today I made her a clear envelope book. The spine of the book is SU Chocolate Chip cardstock and the front is SU patterned paper from an old Simply Scrappin set called "Creative License". I used my Cricut machine to make 5 inch ovals out of Certainly Celery and Mellow Moss cardstock and then cut them to look like a lily pad. I sponged the edges with Wild Wasabi and inked up my little fly stamp that I love o so much!
The closest thing that I had to a water lily was the large stamp from SU's Fabulous Flowers set. I inked it up with Pixie Pink and rolled the edges in Purely Pomegranate. After I cut it out, I added pink and clear Stickles and then popped the whole thing up with dimensionals. The little frog image is from the retired set called "Birthday Banter". I used a couple of Copics to color him in and then added him to the flower. I finished it off with a little of the Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon.


This is what the inside of the book looks like. Over the last couple of weeks, I've been grabbing a kid here and there and having them complete the following sentence. "Mrs. VanLiew is special because..." There were 20 pages in the book and she loved reading every single one.
Happy National Teacher's Day Mrs. VanLiew! We love you and appreciate all that you do SO MUCH!

For those of you who would like to make a clear envelope book of your own, read this post. It has a link for a great tutorial on SCS.

No comments: