Followers

Monday, May 12, 2008

A soy mocha and a buttcrack...

Ever feel like this? While I'm waiting for my Starbucks to kick in so I can actually do something productive today, I thought I'd share this card I made with my "Harvest Moon" stamp from Hambo.


The herbs are from an old SU set called "Sweet Herbs" that I picked up a craft sale last year. I colored them in with my Copics and added some Stickles for a little shimmer.

The gardner was stamped out and colored separately and I paper pieced the shirt to match the background paper. I cut out the image and popped it up on dimensionals in front of the herbs. I added some Crackle medium (no pun intended) to the knee pad under the gardner to add a little texture. The card base is SU close to cocoa with river rock and chocolate chip as matting.


Close up of Stickles on herbs


Close up of crackle medium on knee pad

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

What a great use for that gardener! I have that same herb set -- will have to give this a try sometime. Love all the paper piecing and the "crack"le! Great job - thanks for sharing! :)

Julia Aston said...

I love that herb set! and what a fun gardener! love the crackle on the mat - and the paper piecing! very fun!

Julia said...

I love those stamps! I don't have the gardener yet but I definitely need it! Your coloring is gorgeous on this card! and the crackle is so fun!

Alyssa S said...

That's great! Gave me a good chuckle this morning ;o)