Followers

Friday, June 27, 2008

Fool your family Friday!

Not sure what I'm talking about? Click here to get up to speed! Chicken Nuggets

"I don't know any kid who doesn't like chicken nuggets. Just don't tell them what's hidden inside!"
  • 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
  • 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 cup broccoli puree*
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  1. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flaxseed meal, Parmesan, paprika, garlic and onion powder and mix well with fingers.
  2. In a shallow bowl, mix the vegetable puree and egg with a fork.
  3. Sprinkle the chicken tenders with the salt. Dip the tenders into the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
  4. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Place the chicken tenders in the skillet in a single layer and cook until crisp and golden on one side. Turn and cook until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crisp all over. Serve warm.

My family LOVED these! When I served these for dinner I got four "terrifics" and one "fantastic!". How often have you heard that at the dinner table?! My daughter dipped them in Franks Red Hot Sauce and my son dipped them in Ranch dressing.

* To make the broccoli puree, I bought a bag of pre-washed, pre-cut broccoli florets. I steamed them for about 6-7 minutes and then put them in a food processor / blender until smooth. (add water a teaspoon at a time to get a creamy texture)

No comments: