Followers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

A little get well humor

for my thoughtful friend who couldn't make it to my class on Sunday because she was sick. She called the night before to let me know that she was sick and didn't want to come and chance my kiddos getting sick. I thought that was SO considerate of her - not to mention that she probably didn't feel much like stamping anyways.

Don't you just hate it when someone comes over to your house when they know they're sick! Next thing you know, you have sick kids who have to miss school and a sick husband who has to miss work. And as all you mothers out there know, WE can't get sick because WE have to take care of everyone! Okay....I'm done ranting....Thanks Linda for not bringing cooties to my house! I love you for that!

On to the card - The chicken noodle soup can is from a company called "Stamp Happy". I discovered them at the rubber stamp expo a few years ago and they have all kinds of pop culture and unique item stamps. Unfortunately they are a very small company and don't have a website, so I have to stock up when I see them at the expo.

I stamped out the soup cans in black craft ink and then embossed with clear powder to give them a little dimension. I cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals.
For the background I sponged Taken with Teal, So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Rose Red. I was inspired to make this card after I saw a bag in the $1 store that looked just like it.

The sentiment is my favorite part of this card! Would you expect anything less from that sassy Monica at Hambo?! I've had this stamp for awhile now and have been waiting for someone to get sick so I could use it! Isn't that terrible?!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! That is the funniest stamp ever! I would buy that stamp and secretly hope (wish!) someone got sick to use it, too! Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is super cute. I just loved the outside, very Andy Warhol. then the inside, I worked in transplant for many years...I almost fell off my chair laughing....