Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You hoo....

I bought this adorable little owl set months ago for only $5, plus it came with some mini bling flowers. The clear acrylic stamps are still VERY new to me, but I'm starting to get more comfortable using them.


For this card, I masked the moon and created the background with my brayer. Then I sponged So Saffron in the middle. The cardstock colors are Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard and a hint of Purely Pomegranate. I originally had just colored my owl with Copics and my yellow Sakura glaze pen, but then decided to paper piece his belly feathers.


I'd love to hear any storage tips that you have for your acrylic stamps! I'm thinking of using clear DVD cases without the middle insert, but haven't had any luck finding any yet.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Great card! I love the owl...

I use baseball card protector sheets. Some of them hold 8, others hold 12. Then for those little bitty stamps you can get at Michael's for a dollar go in sleeves that are designed for Mardi Gras doubloons (I think they are for coin collectors too).

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I use 3 ring binders and purchased the acrylic sheets (for cling stamps)online @ Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I have about 200 stamps in 3 - 1" binders.