Followers

Monday, June 2, 2008

My first gate fold card!

I've been wanting to try a gate fold card ever since I got my Scor-Pal, but haven't had a good opportunity to do so yet - until now.
Since I've already inked up all of my other Billy images from Pink Cat Studio, it was time to try out my little "Billy The Kid. He was feeling a little left out of the fun. Yes.....I do talk to my stamps.....
I thought this image would be perfect to do a little paper piecing on....okay, I actually ended up doing a TON of paper piecing on this. But doesn't he look so cute in his little denim jeans with matching hat at scarf?!
I used SU's "Wanted" designer paper series for everything on this card except the jeans - those were just from a scrap that I had in my bin. I used my Tombo Multi glue to attach a piece of hemp twine to the stamped image of the rope. After it dried, I used a craft knife to cut around it. His hat and horse are popped up on dimensionals, and what little cowboy would be complete without a gold Stickled belt buckle?
I cut out two large stars from Kraft cardstock with my Cricut machine, did some decorative poking and layered them together with dimensionals behind Billy. After that, I thought I was done, but when I stood up the card, it wouldn't stay closed and it REALLY bugged me.
To solve this problem, I decided to add a smaller star from my Cricut on the designer paper with a sentiment on top. The stars are from the sentiment that go with the Superhero Billy, but I thought they went nicely with the whole cowboy / Sheriff theme. I used my More Mustard Marker for the stars and Really Rust ink for the phrase. I sponged around the edges with Creamy Caramel and attached the whole thing to the left side of the card.
Now both sets of stars interlock and hold the card closed! Sorry...I get REALLY excited when an idea in my head actually turns out right on paper.

Here are the Copics that I used to color Billy's hair, skin and details on the horse.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fabulous card MacKensie!! I love the paper piercing and the papers you used on Billy's clothes and hat. Great job!!

Unknown said...

This is such an awesome card!!! I love it Mackensie!! I like the huge stars you used and this paper goes so well with the "Billy" stamp!!

Alyssa S said...

Such an adorable card! These Billy stamps are so much fun and it's great to see another wonderful idea out there in the blogging world! :o)