Followers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Graduation Card

Wanted to share this card I made yesterday for a boy who's graduating 8th grade today.

Challenge #1 - I've never made a graduation card

Challenge #2 - keep the embellishments to a minimum so it doesn't get too feminine

I used Bashful Blue for the card base and figured that would get me going in the masculine direction. Luckily I had some scraps of blue alphabet paper from the "School Days" collection by Carolee's Creations which I used for the background.

Next I took the "My ABC's" wheel by SU with bashful blue ink and wheeled it a few times onto Whisper White cardstock. I used the spiral punch on the left edge - love that punch!
The sentiment is from a set in the current mini catalog called "Full of Life", which I mounted onto More Mustard and Purely Pomegrante cardstock.
I made the pencil from scraps of paper and sponged it with Creamy Caramel.




I decided to decorate the inside of the card as well because I got him a gift card to Barnes & Noble.

No comments: